Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Things in the post

And breathe, blimey these past couple of weeks have proved to be very hectic.

A few weeks ago whilst perusing my inbox (personal one not work which, at times, looks rather scary) I came across an email from a lady called Claire from  Dotcomegiftshop

My blog so it seemed had been selected to be part of their 20 gorgeous gardening blogs.

I have always been a tad wary of replying to such emails but I had a quick look, then I thought about it & had a another look & thought begger it why not, they also had me hooked on the lovely little write up of my little blog, & it was rather nice to receive something in the post after all the upset with my dad. I also noticed some of you lot listed too.

A Whole Plot of Love

This lovely gardener has a plot in Wales and likes nothing better than growing her own food and flowers. Recently she’s feasted on homegrown carrots and potatoes and there are still plenty of other yummy things growing in her garden, including shallots and gooseberries.
It isn't just about outdoor pursuits for this blogger, though: now and again she tries her hand at sewing and knitting too. You really can learn a whole plot from this gorgeous blog!


Another link for the whole list of gorgeous gardening blogs listed.  
Anyway I could pick something for free & put a review on my little blog, I had a good long look at what I wanted to review. It really was quite hard as you have to understand I live in a male dominated household & seldom get to look at pretty things. There were lots & lots of things to choose from & I will be placing an order with Dotcomegiftshop, well in fact several orders as I don't have to drag Mike & the boys round girly shops anymore. I thought I would behave & order something gardening related - 






I ordered this produce tray as I thought I could use it to display the veg/fruit harvested from the garden for photographing purposes. I am yet to take a photo of it loaded with veg yet but I will do. Unfortunately my poor little tray spent its first few days set on top of the laundry pile.  It also looks rather lovely on top of the microwave holding bread. It is rather sturdy, light in weight & actually quite useful. 
Enjoy your day

12 comments:

  1. Such a nice thing to happen and well deserved. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A worthy mention of an always good blog. I'm sure that you'll be making good, and frequent, use of the tray. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I will, it really is lovely.

      Delete
  3. There were quite a few blogs that I like to read listed - well done on being included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have a few new ones to follow now.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to have such a nice write up about your blog, and I love your choice of item to review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice & appreciated. The tray is lovely I had wanted one for a while.

      Delete
  5. How lovely to be listed, and that tray sure looks useful.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you, it is very well deserved, and you are in good company. What a lovely tray, it will be perfect for all that fruit and veg I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, I love reading your blog so it isn't a surprise for me that you were selected.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.