Friday, 15 April 2016

A gentle post

I haven't got much to post about

I have taken two days off from work as I caught one of those 24 hour bugs. Really it was about a 6 hour bug starting at 12:30 am Thursday morning. I had no sleep so took yesterday off from work & spent the day on the sofa with sticky up hair, a single duvet with a Man United cover & a white embroidered pillow . 

I can assure you it was as delightful as it sounded.

I'm taking today off too. My stomach is growling in such an alarming manner that the dog is keeping away from me. I managed to take him on his early morning walk though. He crawled under my duvet this morning & stared at me intently until I got out of bed at 6:02 am precisely.

I've ordered some yarn subscribed to a garden magazine & am sat up on the sofa trying to catch up with my blogging.

Mike has been working away all week & I have promised him a lovely home cooked meal on his return this evening. I've managed to remove some fish fillets from the freezer to defrost. He would probably like steak & all the trimmings he is getting sole (I think) spread with sun dried tomato pesto sprinkled with parmesan & breadcrumbs if I can muster the strength to do so. I have some samphire to use up so fish it is. I'm also trying to use up the freezer contents too so it's salmon tomorrow. Mike is going fishing on Sunday so a fishy themed weekend it is. 

 I bought three pictures last weekend. One of a hare which I have yet to photograph. One of a Rocky hound in his trademark pose &  a special one for Mike who will at a drop of a hat go off & help someone else with their DIY  & leave our house to fester. Harry the youngest at 14 has been studying it in great detail. 

I received a delightful package in the post at the beginning of the week . The lovely Jennifer from Thistlebear posted me this cross stitch balloon to say thank you as I sent her a magazine. It was totally unexpected but very thoughtful. It is on my mantelpiece next to Rocky hounds favourite pose print.

Hope you are all well xx

34 comments:

  1. Oh no, get well soon! Presents are always lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon. This bug has really been doing the rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck a bug. I hope you feel better shortly. I have yet to take the dog out, he is still asleep, that lazy creature. Wishing you a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There seem to have been lots of nasty stomach bugs doing the rounds over the last few weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you're feeling better. Have a gentle weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon Jo! Glad you've got Rocky to keep you company, they're great companions when you're feeling ill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better soon, at least it's the weekend now so you've got a couple of days to get yourself right. How lovely the little cross stitch is, unexpected gifts are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling back to normal soon. Lovely cross stitch :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel well enough to enjoy the weekend, these bugs do knock us out. Love your print every house should have one as a reminder. Your gift is lovely as is the print it's next to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well soon. Ordering yarn and subscribing to magazines is a great tonic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope and pray that you are fine now and enjoy your days dear,liked the stuff written on that print ,pics are nice too,have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get better soon, hubby was a little off yesterday and my stomach is growling this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So a little flu isn't all bad ;) Love that sign, and these are things that I will say all the time. I'm so glad I've been getting their meaning across correctly too! Salmon is my favourite meal, and we have it often. Love it on the BBQ. Jennifer is such a kind soul to send you the cross stitch. Have a good weekend Jo, and I hope you're able to get up off the couch by then.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Re your list of 5 Deadly Terms... what about this: "When a man says he'll do something straight away, he means he'll do it straight away - and he doesn't need reminding every six months!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope that you rest up and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get well soon. All that fish should do the trick! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Get well soon. Spring bugs are the worse because one would like to be outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw hope you're feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely stitched balloon. I like the 5 Deadly Terms as well, what a useful idea, just in case they can't work it out themselves. Sorry you've been unwell, it sounds nasty. I do hope you're all better soon. Have a relaxing weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you feel better soon, Jo. I'm glad you like the balloon, it makes me happy to know it made you happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you are feeling a lot better. Love both those pictures and think I may have to copy those terms and do a poster of my own. Have a lovely weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you feel better soon. Love that picture! What a lovely gift to receive through the post. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am such a wimp when it comes to bugs, I have a cold at the moment all achey and shakey but much prefer this to a bug. I hope your recovery is quick.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you feel better soon. Nothing stares more intensely than a determined dog does it?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you are feeling better soon, the fish sounds delicious I love fish dishes much nicer than steak. That was a lovely thoughtful gift from jennifer, have a peaceful weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you are feeling better soon and that your husband properly spoils you and takes care of you.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  27. Poor you ! Yes get well soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh no! Hope you're feeling better now. I've had a couple of days too.. No gardening yesterday with a wrenched back, went out for a whole two minutes today and am now on the sofa with a sprained ankle. Dreading to find out what the third thing will be..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope you're feeling better now Jo. Your bedding made me laugh, but not so much the dog wanting to go out at 6.02am! Mike might not be getting steak but the fish sounds equally as nice. I'd have probably just rung Mark and said "bring chippy home with you". xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. It sounds like you've had a nasty bug - hope you're feeling better soon. The cross-stitched picture is lovely and the poster made me smile. Hope you're having a good weekend.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh no, I hope you're feeling much better now I think there are definitely bugs going around at the moment. Take care and rest up :) x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hope you are well again now. Trojan rarely gives me 'the eye'...I think he knows I am often busy...Hubby however he really tells off when he considers it past his walk time!!!

    Love the picture you got Mike...I have to find one of these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.