Monday, 28 November 2016

Well I never

Mikes thumb is healing up nicely thank you very much. He had a small operation last Tuesday which was supposed to be under general anaesthetic. Naturally I was a little concerned and packed him off to hospital with the instruction to phone me as soon as he possibly could after he had been brought back round. 

Three hours later I spotted a message on facebook from Mike alerting everyone that he was quite fine after his operation. He was having something to eat and drink whilst waiting to be picked up. I gave him such a telling off on the phone and plotted on ways he could make amends to me.

Mike sheepishly returned an hour later and he received adequate punishment - I made him watch three knitting podcasts with me!


With Mike still being off - bereavement leave, annual leave and his five day break we set off this morning to take Rocky for his morning walk. We waved to two neighbours and another chap with them as you do and were about to set off. We were called back, the chap turned out to a crime support person.

All the sheds and garages along the lane and surrounding estate had been broken into or at least attempted to. Mike checked and the side gate had been forced open and the shed broken into. They had got away with some of his fishing equipment!

Rocky hound I think spent the whole night snoring! 

Mike and the other menfolk rather excitedly let the crime chap take photos. The police have quite possibly apprehended the people responsible and recovered everything that had been taken. There is fishing equipment amongst the haul so Mike is waiting for a phone call. 

It is currently warm  and sunny outside,  it really is rather lovely. It could almost be a summers day but the hum in the air isn't lawnmowers in operation or the scent of BBQs - it's drills and the like as the menfolk of the lane have all bought new locks etc etc. The noise is rather deafening but does abide from time to time as the menfolk admire each others work or a new lock is adjusted. 

I'm on coffee duty and it is proving a little trying. There are a lot of puffed out chests and mutterings of 'this type of thing never happens here'. I've escaped for a while to play bloggy catch up = hope you are all well x 


19 comments:

  1. You did right giving Mike a hard time - fancy alerting Facebook rather than you.

    Sadly nowadays that sort of thing happens everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari ini saya ingin mengunkapkan tentang perjalanan hidup saya,karna masalah ekonomi saya selalu dililit hutang bahkan perusahaan yang dulunya saya pernah bagun kini semuanya akan disitah oleh pihak bank,saya sudah berusaha kesana kemari untuk mencari uang agar perusahaan saya tidak jadi disitah oleh pihak bank dan akhirnya saya nekat untuk mendatangi paranormal yang terkenal bahkan saya pernah mengikuti penggandaan uang dimaskanjeng dan itupun juga tidak ada hasil yang memuaskan dan saya hampir putus asa,,akhirnya ketidak segajaan saya mendengar cerita orang orang bahwa ada paranormal yang terkenal bisa mengeluarkan uang ghaib atau sejenisnya pesugihan putih yang namanya Mbah Rawa Gumpala,,,akhirnya saya mencoba menhubungi beliau dan alhamdulillah dengan senan hati beliau mau membantu saya untuk mengeluarkan pesugihan uang ghaibnya sebesar 10 M saya sangat bersyukur dan berterimakasih banyak kepada Mbah Rawa Gumpala berkat bantuannya semua masalah saya bisa teratasi dan semua hutang2 saya juga sudah pada lunas semua,,bagi anda yang ingin seperti saya dan ingin dibabtu sama Mbah silahkan hubungi 085 316 106 111 saya sengaja menulis pesan ini dan mempostin di semua tempat agar anda semua tau kalau ada paranormal yang bisah dipercaya dan bisa diandalkan,bagi teman teman yang menemukan situs ini tolong disebar luaskan agar orang orang juga bisa tau klau ada dukun sakti yg bisa membantuh mengatasi semua masalah anda1.untuk lebih lengkapnya buka saja blok Mbah karna didalam bloknya semuanya sudah dijelaskan PESUGIHAN DANA GHAIB TANPA TUMBAL

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, that's a sign of the times, isn't it? Facebook knows everything before the wife does. That's a result if Mike manages to get his fishing equipment back, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how horrible! So glad it's been recovered. Is Rocky feeling embarrassed?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Rocky's defence, he probably forgot he was doing the night shift. Good to hear the surgery went well. As for Facebook, seems it has a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think three podcasts is sufficient punishment? I'd milk it a bit more if I was you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see that Mikes's thumb is okay.
    How annoying to have a break-in but lucky to have caught the culprits and recovered the stolen items. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad reflection on our lives when you shed is not safe. Glad Mike is healing well, I loved you are making him suffer for his facebook posting, my hubby would be the same, saying it was efficient use of his time as I would read facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awful, how impressive though that the culprits had already been rumbled. Lucky Mike was off to sort the locks with the others. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thumb surgery and a break in oh my! So much excitement! Hope healing occurs and fishing equipment is returned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How frustrating, I do hope that Mike's fishing stuff is returned. Glad his thumb is on the mend, hope he enjoyed the knitting podcasts. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a rather eventful few days. I hope Mike's thumb is healing well and that his fishing stuff is recovered quickly. Men, eh? Can't operate a phone but manages to type a FB post. The punishment is appropriate I think. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope Mikes thumb is healing well. You made me giggle thinking about the men admiring their lock installing skills... a very man thing to do xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Mike will be okay. Too bad about the fishing equipment but it sounds like they're on the case. I've been surprised lately at the kinds of situations I've seen the local police CSI unit reporting to. A dog hit by a car, for example. It was a shame for the dog and his owners, but I couldn't see why CSI needed to be involved. There must have been a lot more to the story. I laughed about the knitting podcasts...mine watched the whole ten-part series of "The Crown" with me, about your queen, because he had hurt his knee and didn't like getting up from the couch for several nights after work. He said he didn't care what I watched as long as he could rest, so I watched what I liked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mike's punishment did make me laugh. The break in must have been a shock. I hope the fishing equipment is Mikes and is returned soon. I'm trying a bloggy catch up too. I can't get to grips with the new layout on my phone. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny times we live in but the punishment is more than equal to the crime :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hee hee, three podcasts, brilliant. Yes I think he deserved that. But glad he's recovering OK

    ReplyDelete
  17. I glad Mike will get his fishing gear back. It is so annoying when this sort of thing happens.

    Ha had to laugh at the three podcast comment.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the thumb is improving and glad all the gear was recovered for the fella's. Theft is outrageous, wherever it happens. I'm on catch up too. Have a great weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.